Build your own team and play an important, visible role in site-specific and corporate initiatives
Expand your Experience and Build Your Career at a Rapidly-Growing, Specialty Vehicle Manufacturer Undergoing an Exciting, New Product Ramp-Up
If you combine strong quality engineering experience with leadership skills and the ability to influence and motivate across shifts, the role of Quality Supervisor with Utilimaster offers you several compelling opportunities. You will:
- Supervise a team of quality auditors covering day and night shifts at two facilities on our growing Charlotte manufacturing campus.
- Support diverse operations at a campus with two product lines -- and one is ramping up significantly to meet customer demand for trucks that make eCommerce shopping, grocery, and pharmaceutical at-home deliveries a reality.
- Join a talented team of Quality professionals supporting all aspects of Quality, including developing and implementing processes, driving improvements, identifying and correcting quality issues, training and mentoring plant personnel, and more.
- Support the production of innovative products, including the game-changing Velocity delivery van.
- Showcase your potential to advance -- we are proactive about succession planning and hire with an eye to the future.
moves ahead of the competition when commercial trucks and upfit services require precision, planning, peerless people, and the perfect vehicle. Our vehicles deliver for well-respected global brands in the package delivery, eCommerce, food and beverage, linen and laundry, grocery and pharmaceutical markets. Utilimaster is a top-tier go-to-market brand of The Shyft Group
(NASDAQ: SHYF), North America’s leader in specialty vehicle manufacturing, assembly, and upfit for the commercial, retail, and service specialty vehicle markets. The Shyft Group rebranded in 2020 to reflect a new focus on high-growth end markets to help ensure long-term profitable growth.
Pictured: The Charlotte facility will manufacture the Velocity, a highly productive, fuel-efficient delivery vehicle. Among other differentiators, the Velocity offers big-truck interior space without requiring a commercial driver's license -- thus expanding the pool of potential drivers for fleet operators. You will see these vehicles on the road and be able to tell friends and family, "I support the team that builds those."