More about the requirements
In addition to the qualifications listed under The Requirements
tab, we're looking for a professional who has:
- Familiarity with end-to-end supply chain management
- Intermediate computer skills, including:
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including strong Excel skills
- Experience with ERP software Quick question for you - click here
- Experience with forecasting and planning tools
- A proven ability to quickly learn a large array of products and components
Just as important will be the following competencies and characteristics:
- Leadership skills with a team-player and customer-centric approach
- Strong learning acumen with the ability to stretch, think creatively and challenge yourself
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple levels and titles and coordinate with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with and consistent attention to detail
- Sound judgment with the ability to make timely decisions
- Self-motivation with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute responsibilities, handle multiple projects, stay on task and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
You will work the day shift (8 AM to 5 PM) at our large, Bristol North Distribution Center. As an essential business, we have strong protocols in place across all of our campus operations to protect our employees and safeguard their health.
More about your role
Initially, you will be responsible for purchasing inventory that has firm demand, that is, there is an existing customer order for which we don't have inventory available, and work/grow into responsibilities associated with demand forecasting. Because you will focus on aftermarket stock covering years of equipment, you will leverage strong problem-solving skills and creativity as you source.
To further help you understand the role, here is a sampling of specific responsibilities:
This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
More about your success
- Manage assigned aftermarket parts and their respective suppliers, including all problem resolutions.
- Submit quote requests to vendors.
- Update cost and lead times in the ERP.
- Log purchase order receipt confirmations.
- Proactively confirm delivery against purchase orders and take action if necessary.
- Revise purchase order due dates.
- Develop suppliers to ensure improved delivery performance and inventory control.
- Monitor and update supplier lead times for system accuracy.
- Validate and perform root cause analysis for missed deliveries.
- Work with Purchasing, Operations, Finance, and the vendor(s) to determine and implement appropriate inventory levels, minimum order requirements, economic order quantities, delivery offsets, and supplier lead times.
- Help monitor and manage freight/logistics costs.
- And more.
Material planning and forecasting expertise will be essential, but just as important will be the interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels, both internally and externally. You'll need to be able to influence and motivate others, and practice excellent follow-up habits to make sure you have the information you need. You should take a customer service approach to these interactions, but there may be times when you need to be diplomatically assertive.
You'll know you're hitting the mark when you're consistently hitting KPIs (e.g., fill rates, inventory obsolesce, inventory metrics, lead times, etc.). In addition, in order to be an outstanding Material Planner / Sourcing Agent, you will:
- Bring strong self-motivation and a creative and innovative approach to achieving goals and solving problems
- Be proactive about getting up to speed quickly
- Use your organizational skills to stay one step ahead of a large array of tasks and deadlines
- Pay attention to details and also grasp the bigger picture and why the details are important
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player
- Bring a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Keep a constant eye out for ways to improve processes